The year draws to a close – a very good reason to sum up some of our activities in 2013:
First of all, the EDaWaX-project team wants to thank our projects partners, our cooperations and funders but also all our readers for a very successful year.
Our first funding phase has come to an end and we are really happy about all the things we could achieve in 2013:
– we developed a pilot application for managing publication-related research data in economics journals.
– we chose a metadata schema for the description and labeling of publication-related research data and sub-divided this metadata schema into three levels with different functionalities.
– we invited editors and editorial stuff of 15 scholarly journals for evaluating our pilot application.
– we arranged a panel-discussion at the annual meeting of the German economists where the panelists discussed the topic of data sharing.
– results of our project were presented at six scientific conferences and workshops.
– we published five articles in (partially peer-reviewed) journals and working paper series.
Hence, for our project the year 2013 has been a great year. Currently we’re waiting for a decision of our funding agency, the German Research Foundation, on our proposal for a second funding phase. We keep you in the loop and we’ll spread the news about this possible second funding phase as soon as possible.
Also the impact of our project blog has massively increased. Everyday we approximately have around 100 visitors from all around the world – most of our readers are from the US, Germany, China, Japan and the UK. Thank you very much for being interested in our project and for your support!
Therefore I’d like to wish all of you and your families a merry Christmas and a happy new year!